Living a quality life is a desired goal for most Americans, but very few are able to improve the quality of their life through exercise. In our daily routine of go, go, go, there is little or no time for play. Play is the most important time of the day. Remember when you were a child and you couldn't wait for school to let out so you could play with your friends? So what makes it different now that we are grown up? What is holding us back from our desired goals of health and fitness? Most important is what are you going to change in your life so that you can achieve playtime? How can the quality of your life be improved via exercise or playtime?
What is holding us back from our desired goals of health and fitness?
- Have children
- More than one job
- Just want to relax after work
- Gym memberships are expensive
- Don't have playmates
- And on and on and on.....
What must I do to make playtime a part of my life?
- Go to gym before or after work
- Turn off the TV for an hour to play with the kids
- Take up running, tennis, or another sport that is relatively cheap and does not require a gym membership
- Keep the house clean and the yard kept....cleaning and gardening are concidered forms of light exercise
- Find a friend that loves to exercise and see if you can join them, sometimes having a workout buddy can make all the difference
What quality improvements can one expect through exercise?
- Improved blood circulation
- Improved memory
- Improved flexibility
- Food will taste better....even bad food will taste better
- You can improve your life-span
- Decreases the risk of heart attack, diabetes, stroke, some cancers and several other diseases associated with a sedentary lifestyle
- You may lose weight, your self image will improve and others may perceive you as being more attractive
This is the first of several blogs to help Americans gain that healthy lifestyle that they want and know that they need. Keep up with my blogs where I will offer health tips, suggestions and even exercise plans that may help you to lose the weight, improve your cardio-vascular endurance, muscle strength and dietary help.