"This is a blog that I have created to share valid and researched fitness information. It is a mix of what I know, have learned, and what I find will work for most people that are looking to improve their strength, endurance, weight and overall health." - Jeff Horgan, MS, ATC, PES, NASE
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Featured App: Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro: 4/17/2012
There really is a whole lot of running and fitness tracking apps. In honor of the last post regarding fitness apps I am holding up to my part of the bargain. Endomondo Sports Tracker Pro is an awesome GPS tracking app that allows you to track your run, hike, or whatever you wish to log. Endomondo Pro is a paid app that will run you $3.99, but there is a free version out there if you want to test it out before making a purchase. Endomondo Pro is also an editors choice at the Google Play App Store. This app is truly a winner.
What the developer says about the app:
Track your fitness, challenge friends and send them peptalks in real-time!
Endomondo makes fitness fun by acting as your personal trainer and social fitness partner - ideal for running, cycling, walking etc.
This is the PRO version of the popular Endomondo Sports Tracker.
Please see What's New on Google Play for latest changes.
• Interval programs: Choose from 3 programs or create your own with time & distance intervals (NEW)
• Graphs: Play around with speed & altitude curves, lap times and playlists that interact with the map
• Beat yourself: Set a previous workout as your target and the audio coach will help you perform better this time
• Low Power Mode: Increases battery standby time
• Time goal: Set a time goal and let the audio coach help you reach it
• Calorie goal: Set a calorie goal and get live audio feedback during your workout
• Real time GPS tracking of time, distance, speed & calories
• Audio feedback for every mile or km
• Real time peptalks from friends following you live
• Workout route on a map
• History with lap times
• Full History download for user with a profile (NEW)
• Sharing of workouts on Facebook
• Beat a friend: Go against a friend's personal best
• Compete on a route: Download a route and beat the Champion
• News feed with your friend's latest activities
• Social widget showing the friends recently active
• Summary page for each workout
• Heart rate support: Polar Wearlink® + transmitter with Bluetooth® and Zephyr heart rate monitor
• Support for ANT+ Bike Speed & Cadence and heart rate monitor sensors
• Headset control: Use the headset media button to get audio feedback and pause/resume a workout (wired headset & Android 2.2+)
• Manual entry of workouts (moved to top right corner on the history page)
• Auto pause
• Customizable workout screen (long press to change)
• Access all your online settings: Profile, Sharing, Privacy, Workout, Audio & Accessories (NEW)
• Endomondo is now available on SonyEricsson's SmartWatch as a SmartExtra (NEW)
Optional profile at Endomondo.com for further analysis, statistics, social challenges and sharing.